Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 30, 2007

Week 9 Post 22 Overdrive? Let's go!!

VRROOOOM!! I looked into HCPL's EBranch Overdrive, LibriVox, and WOWio. I like knowing I have "A World of Free Books" with WOWio and I can search on the home page for the one I'm looking for. It was visually appealing. I liked the colorful book covers. "Free Books - Free Minds" Gotta have a hook.
The LibriVox site was not as visually attractive, but I liked the straightforwardness of the links. I also liked that they allowed you to listen to sample readings of their books.
The HCPL EBranch Overdrive combined the things I liked on both sites, the straightforward links and the visual appeal. Having the list of compatible devices was important for people who want to download from their computer. When will the ipod be an option?
I'm hoping one day I will utilize this Free Book and Music feature, but have not found the need for it at this time.
GREAT JOB, HCPL EBRANCH!

No comments: